Oshkosh Youth Baseball (OYB) is a volunteer based organization committed to providing a safe, enjoyable and competitive baseball experience to the youth of Oshkosh. OYB is set up as a feeder program to the three main high schools in the city. The goal is to make baseball better in Oshkosh. We do not discriminate based on where your child plans to attend high school.
2023 Tryout Registration is Open!
Tryout dates for the 2023 baseball season for ages 8U through 14U will be held on Saturday August 6th and Sunday August 7th specific time slots for each age are listed below. The tryouts for ages 7/8U through 13U will be held at Red Arrow Park. 14U tryouts will be held at Oshkosh West High School. All new players to OYB for the 2023 season will need to register through the registration tab on oybaseball.net. Existing players will tryout but do NOT need to pre-register. The specific information needed for the pre-registration is listed below.
2023 Tryout Dates and Times
SATURDAY AUGUST 6th Red Arrow Park
7U/8U 9 AM to 10:30 AM
9U 11 AM to 12:30 PM
10U & 12U 1 PM to 2:30 PM
SUNDAY AUGUST 7th
11U 11 AM to 12:30 PM (Red Arrow Park)
13U 1 PM to 2:30 PM (Red Arrow Park)
14U 1 PM to 2:30 PM (Oshkosh West High School)
A few notes:
1. There is no cost to try out.
2. All new players must pre-register via oybaseball.net. Pre-registration helps OYB better plan for the tryout and makes it easier to notify everyone of changes due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. Please note age cutoff is the players age as of April 30th 2023.
3. Please plan to arrive approximately 15 minutes before the scheduled tryout time for warm up throwing and stretching.
If your child cannot attend the tryout date or time selected for his designated age group, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements and be considered for a travel team. Ideally, OYB would like to have two teams at each age level.
· Travel teams typically practice twice a week throughout the summer in addition to weekend tournaments.
· Tournaments are generally within approximately an one hour drive of Oshkosh however, occasionally some tournaments may require a greater travel distance.
· The number of tournaments a team plays in is decided by the teams’ head coach. There may be some flexibility in the number of tournaments a player chooses to participate in.
All kids will be evaluated over a variety of skills and additional emphasis will be placed on HUSTLE.
All kids should bring a glove, hat, helmet, baseball shoes or cleats, water or drink and anything else they may need. All kids are responsible for their own equipment and OYB shall not be liable for any lost, stolen or misplaced equipment. Please have your child’s name on all equipment to ease in relocating any misplaced items.
Lastly, the Travel program is looking for and in need of coaches. OYB does not decide how many travel teams it will have at any age level until after the tryouts. If you are interested in coaching in the Travel program in 2023, please notify us at the email address listed herein. Notification of interest does not guarantee that you will coach as the OYB board will assign coaches at all levels sometime this fall.
If you have any questions about the travel program in general please contact us at email@example.com
Oshkosh Youth Baseball
For every ticket sold, Oshkosh Youth Baseball will make $3 but they have to order through our group link!
Registrations are now live for the 2022 season via the Registrations tab. Please make sure you are selecting the right age group for the upcoming season. All registrations must be completed prior to practices.
OYB will be hosting a tournament for 8U and 11U at Red Arrow Park on June 24-26th. Red Arrow dimensions are 46/60. If your team is interested in playing please click on the Registration tab to sign up.